This spread will be in the same edition of the magazine, therefore, will also be based on travel, This one will be called “Chic Travel Essentials 2017”. It will be aimed at Women as this is the main target audience for Tatler Magazine. I will also be using more up market products in this spread as I feel this fit with the theme of tatler really nicely and suits the audience.
So I came up with 10 things that I would tend to have in my travel essentials for my holidays and came up with a layout that I would like for this as you can see I set up a little layout sketch that would give me a feel of how I wanted it to look.
I started off by having pictures with the small captions to say what it is and where you could get this from. Although I wanted to challenge myself to create something content heavy and interesting I did not want it to look too crowded therefore I am trying to make the effort for it too looks clear and work nicely.
After much deliberation, I decided I would create a spread that had one side dedicated to the images and the other with the type, I think this read a lot more clearly and also gives one side more “room to breath”.
I am really fond of the layout of this so decided that I would pull all the resources together in this layout.
The first thing I did was collected information of each item I wanted to feature and then found images, I collected found images as this is something that would be provided as this would be a form of advertising for the companies involved but this is the only spread I will be using found imagery for.
I then used Photoshop to remove the background of each image and continued to save them as PNG’s, This was now ready to use in the spread.
I then laid everything out on the page in a correct order that would make sense to the reader, I also used the type as I wanted everything to flow really nicely and I was really fond of the effect it gave.
I decided to have all the titles in the same blue but the information int he black as this is the equivalent of the body text for this spread.
I was really happy with the layout but the issue I have was I felt as if the type of the numbers was to bold and bulky.
I always try to use the same typeface on things like this but decided I would change the numbers and I actually really liked the effect,
I really liked this effect and felt it worked really nicely, I then also changed the typeface on the date in the title to tie it all together a bit.
I also made a vector of an airoplane in illustrator and placed it in as an extra detail and also to fill up the empty, odd space in the spread.
I am really happy with this and think it works really nicely, Looks really clean and effective.
I think that the colours work well to connote a holiday as it is picked from the ocean colour in the other image.