So… I designed my tickets for the event based on the ticket website I was ordering them through to insure the sizing worked well on the final .
I made an artboard of the correct size – I then overlaid the template from the website of the tickets I wanted to order and made a PDF of the tickets I wanted.
I wanted the tear off at the end to stand alone as an explination of what the ticket was for. I added the ticket numbers and also the barcodes on the bottom right corner and then continued to start a design.
I started of with the same pattern as per my style guide but decided that this time I would have them slightly broken up – and give a more of a shattered feel – Mainly because I wanted to the end of the ticket to be black on white to make it more ledgable becuase it would need to be easy to scan etc for access to the festival and also needs to be hard to copy. I really was not too keen on how harsh to change looks and how seperate the left side & the right side were – I wanted it to flow a lot nicer.
I think I have everything I need on the ticket.
I really liked the way this looked and thought it was really functional and would work nicely. I am also thinking about continuing this shattered effect on other ephemera – I think this would be really interesting on things such as the website – It works really nicely to give a more gradial effect rather than just the pattern to block white, I am really happy with it.