So for the line up poster I wanted something that followed the theme of the other poster but was slightly different so that it could be differentiated from the other one.
I decided I wanted to have the same sort of layout with the logo at the top but the line up’s for the 4 different stages – At this stage I just called the stages 1,2,3,4 but I will choose names for them once I have the layout.
I did start of by getting everything lined up and the artists into the stages I wanted. I did this with the template of the previous poster, This worked really nicely although I felt that is looked a little plain and also made it really hard to read because of the pattern.
I then decided to lay over a faint white background over & then made the type the dominant part of the design by making it the purple colour.
I liked this but I thought it looked slightly to faded and not strong enough therefore I decided I would cut the logo out of the shape I used so that the pattern would come through differently.
I am still undecided if I want to use the more simple typeface in for the subtitles – I think it looks more clean …
I did this by using the pathfinder tool and then removing some of th buts inside the typeface leaving a few brush strokes to keep the same effect as the main posters.
I also added a boarder of the background pattern to give it more of the brand identity .
I then had an idea to give a 3d feel so I added some of the shapes over the edge so that it wasnt so broken up and this is something I did on the first poster aswell so thought this would work really nicely.
I am really happy with this and think it fits really nicely with everything else so I will be making either my tickets or my leaflets next.
I will be using the same principles of the brand but need them to be functional.