Inspired by some art work I had seen online (in one of my previous blog posts) I decided I would try something similar.. I used the inspiration next to the art work to insure that I was creating something in the same style and a long the lines that I was attracted to in the first place.
I started of by making shapes that fitted together using mainly rectangles and triangles as I felt these would fit together to fill the space more effectively – I then used a combination of different pre-loaded patterns along with my own patterns to achieve the desired effect.
This video shows the process I created to come up with this final product… I used a screen recorder to show this process so that it could be repeated if I need to.
To insure I used my desired colour pallete and also to tied the work together to look like a cohesive peice rather than lots of different patterns I added thick strokes around the outer edge of each shape to tie the whole look together.
This is the final product – I think it looks interesting and bright and works nicely to portray a postive and interesting feel for the festival – I am really pleased with it although.. It is not very fuctional.
Reason being as you can see having laid text over this it is not visible at all as you can see – This is a requirment of mine due to the fact that I would need the poster as well as the line up to have quite a lot of information which unfortunatly is not something that can be achieved with this design.
I then thought that there may be an option to incorporate the text/type/info as part of the design in the white space but I think this is going to be too much white space and again too busy, I want the piece to be simple and readable and to look modern and well designed so I think this would not be an option for me.