I started off by divergent thinking.. I sat in my garden and tried to think of things that would cheer me up – Things people could do in the city or in their lunch break or after work that would make things feel better or cheer someone up, I focused on trying to think about manageable and small tasks as this is more approachable.
By creating these artworks I aim to make a happier atmosphere, therefore improving wellbeing.
I have found a few facts, tips and statistics that could back up these points within some of them which I will do for all the ones I choose.
- STOP AND SMELL THE FLOWERS
Being in nature, or even viewing scenes of nature,Being in nature is proven to reduce anger, fear, and stress and increases pleasant feelings it can also help your physical wellbeing, reducing blood pressure, heart rate, muscle tension, and the production of stress hormones.
- ON YOUR LUNCH BREAK – SIT DOWN, LOOK UP AND FIND THINGS IN CLOUDS/ FIND THE SILVER LINING
- LAUGH UNTIL YOUR SIDES HURT THEN LAUGH SOME MORE
- JUST TAKE SOME TIME/ GO ON A MYSTERY TOUR – GET LOST ON PURPOSE
- SMILE AT A STRANGER
- MAKE A PAPER PLANE WITH THE DOCUMENT THATS STRESSING YOU
- GIVE SOMEONE A COMPLIMENT
- BUY YOURSELF FLOWERS OR A GIFT
- PUT YOUR PHONE DOWN AND PEOPLE WATCH
- SING AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS IN THE SHOWER
- GO TO THE SEASIDE AND WATCH THE WAVES
- FIND A PARK AND HAVE A PICNIC ON YOUR BREAK
- LOOK AT OLD PICTURES
- HUG SOMEONE / HUG MORE
- GIVE THE STAR BUCKS LADY A FUNNY NAME
- CALL SOMEONE YOU MISS
- WHEN THE RAIN STOPS.. LOOK FOR A RAINBOW
- LOOK AT OLD PICTURES/MEMORIES
- REWARD YOURSELF – DONUT – COFFEE – MASSAGE – QUALITY TIME WITH A FRIEND
- DROP A PENNY SO SOMEONE ELSE CAN HAVE GOOD LUCK
- CALL THAT PERSON YOU MISS
- BOOK A SPONTANEOUS HOLIDAY
- TAKE A CAT NAP
Research shows that a 26-minute nap can increase performance by 34% and alertness by 54%.
- UNPLUG AND BREATH ON YOUR LUNCH BREAK
I will be mulling through this list and get an idea of how I can work each idea – At the moment I have an idea for the smile at a stranger poster to create something really bright and colourful that catches the eye and also something very floral and beautiful for the poster that will encourage people to take there break in nature.