I have developed my ideas into a few different logos digitally.
I used the pen tool to create a logo based upon a lemon to follow the designs I sketched out, I then got a picture of a moustache and and did the same, I then added some texture onto the lemon as I thought it was to flat.
I chose some regular dots, I also felt this added the pop art feel as this is the style I wanted to go for, I think it added something although it is subtle it does make a difference in the style it portrays.
I also felt this gave a slightly “silly feel” which worked when it came to his branding.
After a lot of research I decided that his appearance is one of the most recognisable things about him and there is a lot of different elements you could use for branding of this.
The first thing I thought of was his moustache and then started to think about how I could incorporate the mood of his laugh and silliness by portraying his looks, I thought his hair is quite big and recognisable and also his smile and laugh might be something good to portray, I looked at an image of him and tried to copy his hair with the pencil tool,
I then decided I would probably want it a block colour to create like a monogrammatic look so I used the pen tool and did the same with the moustache and created a small mouth with huge teeth as I feel this is recognised for his character.
I am creating everything in black and white at the moment as if it works in black and white it will work in colour.
I decided that the mouth would get slightly lost, I put this into colour to see what it would look like I still did not like the way it came out so I have decided to take the mouth out, On reflection the moustache was not very accurate so I decided to change it to something more straight and more similar to his actual moustache.
I did a few different versions to see whether I could get a mouth to look good but I just didn’t think it was working so I decided to change the moustache and reduce it to its simplest form.
I think the best one is bottom left because its the simplest.
I like the fact that it just hints at the bottom lips without being so detailed that it gets lost, I prefer the moustache, I think this suits him more.
These are all the final logos I came up with that I feel like I could use.
This is the treatment sheet I made up to insure that out of all the logos I created I was choosing the correct one and also to start looking at typeface as this will be very important when it comes to final choices so just wanted to see all of them for a moment.
For this particular branding I have gone with really bright colours and also used the dots as I feel this goes really nicely with the theme, I wanted to try to connote the crudity of his humour therefore I have used a really bright green colour in one of the versions, Although I felt this doesn’t go with the pop art theme I was initially thinking of this may be something I try, I have looked at a few type faces that I think might work with this.
I feel the acid green works really well as its a bit of a gastly colour and not very “mainstream” in design which I think us something he would want for his branding, This might be something worth playing on in the finals, I might add the dots to see if I could make it work more effectively.
I have been playing with intelligent fast failure to get lots of different variations and see what different variations of this would look like.
I think by looking at these the one that works best is the first one, I think that the yellow works nicely to create the pop art feel and there the sort of colours you can use across a wide range of things and will work really nicely with complimenting colours such as blues and blacks.
This will be my final logo and I will be choosing a typeface next.
I really like the dot pattern in the background as this gives the pop art feel I was looking for.