First thing I did was to organise the dialog into paragraphs with the type tool. I wanted to organise myself a hierarchy of type for the introduction page.I took the spill over and made a second paragraph of text.
I then balanced the text out to make roughly the same size paragraphs.
I then decided that I wanted a title that fitted across the top of the 2 but felt as if it might be nice to have a quote about London to highlight what the article was about, I decided to use a lovely quote from Vivienne Westwood as she is a very famous for being from London.I tried a few different fonts for the title although I wanted to keep the body text in minion pro to insure it was simple and legible.After much exploration I ended up using minion pro for the title swell,It was simple and did not distract from the title.
I added this on top and then added a line to section it all off and Im really happy with the outcome of this page and think that the layout works nicely, I also added the indents into the centre of the page, Page numbers and the photography now title.
I think the page numbers make it look a lot more professional and makes it look a lot more like a industry standard spread.
This justification did not work as effectively as I would have liked therefore with some help from my tutor I managed to get this slightly more polished,I was very happy with the result afterwards,As you can see in version one the top line is very squashed and hard to read therefore I did try and fine tune this and this is shown specifically in my last blog and here is the result.
I then added a picture I hand selected and placed a small caption to explain where the photo was taken to the adjacent page in keeping with the layout i wanted for the final piece.
Then for the other page I decided I wanted something slightly more creative and also wanted to some how reflect the layout of the initial page, I did this by looking at firstly the angles in the imagery I had already put on,I really liked the way that the buildings made a slicing across the page so this is something I wanted to reflect this in the 2nd page,I did this by creating a clipping mask in illustrator with the image sliced at an angle to fit across the page that sliced to reveal a space for the text on the right hand side.
After seeing th text with the image I felt it would look better to have the text wrapping around the side of the image so that the text was at an angle but I wanted to keep the text in 2 columns to make it look more like an article and also to be cohesive with the text of the intro page.
And again played with the justification of the text etc to insure that it was clear and had mostly even spacing.