Making The Poster & Group Work

Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 13.03.02.png
I chose this font (Bebas Nueu) after our discussion that we wanted something professional and structured but soon realised that I wanted to discuss other fonts with the group as I found a problem with using this, for small pieces of type there is only a capital version therefore it would be difficult to use with small blocks of text.

 

Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at 20.46.43
My initial idea for the layout I created to take to the first day back so that we could look at what we had, I changed the 2 little men into a hierarchy layout with the designer at the bottom as I went of the idea of having a case study.I illustrated a mac laptop and had the designer looking over the top as this gave it more of a feel of the designers digital field and also was a signifier to insure that people would understand it and be able to relate especially if it was a designer that was the audience .

 

 

Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at 20.46.54
We then took mine (left) and Lauras (right) as Sam and Sarah found it difficult so they made some ideas for icons instead of there own layout but again I feel this played to our strengths as this is something me and Laura are fond of digital design and think it is our strength.
Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at 20.47.08
This was the header that Laura came up with for hers and we decided it was good mainly because the typography had different variations including bold, Capital, Lower case and regular so felt this would work nicely and we also really liked the hierarchy of the different boxes and banner, This worked nicely and gave a look that we had seen in other infographics and really liked the look of. 
Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at 20.47.19
Then we had to add a small introduction of what our poster was about to use as a hook and to make it more understood by the audience.We used lines throughout to insure that the whole thing linked together well and that it was read in the order that we wanted.
Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at 20.53.52.png
Something that we wanted in the poster was to show the fact it was a compromise for the designer to make therefore sam came up with the idea of having something like a even diagram, I created this in illustrator using the colours we had decided upon in our group meetings.
Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at 20.54.43.png
The 100% in the middle represents the compromise between the 3 main element that the designer has to consider when they are designing for the client.
Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 13.23.18.png
We ended up using the rule of thirds, reason being we felt as if when we fold the poster up for the fold out section of the project it we will need to make sure we have considered where the creases will lay. We also felt this is was a good device to use to gain structure and also to show a hierarchy in the pics we have created.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s