This image shows my initial sketches of our idea for the front cover of different layouts we might think of using.My favourite is the final one was my favourite as all the others seemed slightly too busy and the scrap book look was not what we were going for, wanted it to look modern and simple.
These are the options for our front cover for the images we found these where some original photography with a film camera a while ago and we found them and photocopied them to create the front cover.
We placed them on the front to see what would work the best on the front.
The first image was our final decision we decided upon this as we felt it made an impact as the colours stood out nicely and it looked almost 3D on the page.
We also really liked the fact that the try looks neglected so it suits the title “what is left”.
We tried to utilise the space at the bottom of the polaroid as planned although when me and Andrew saw it in person we decided we would not do this, it was to bunched together and left to much space to spare and though I was going for a simple theme this was to spaced out.
We did try to space it underneath without a white bit but it was not visible enough and kind of blurred out into the background because of the black behind.
For this reason we placed it underneath with a white piece behind to make it cohesive with polaroid.
The final image is our final front cover and I think its really effective and sets the scene for the feel of the zine and content.